Buy BitBox 02 – Bitcoin only edition
Buy BitBox 02 – Bitcoin only edition : The BitBox02 – Bitcoin only edition is a hardware wallet for the Bitcoin maximalists. This hardware wallet can only store Bitcoin. Because the wallet supports only Bitcoin, there is less code required which means fewer bugs and weaknesses that can occur.
The BitBox02 Bitcoin-only edition has limited firmware and only supports Bitcoin. Less code means less attack surface, which further improves your security when only storing Bitcoin.
Easy backup and restore on microSD
OLED display and invisible touch sensors
Protected using a secure chip
USB-C & A compatible, cable included
Reduced attack surface (BTC-only support)
|Flash Memory Type
|Memory Storage Capacity
|Personal Computer, Smartphone
BitBox 02 – Bitcoin only edition
The BitBox02 Bitcoin-only will only ever have Bitcoin firmware. Nothing else. Unlike other hardware wallets, the Bitcoin-only edition cannot be reset to support other coins. The Bitcoin-only firmware is locked down at factory setup.
The BitBox02 generates your private keys offline. It also has the ability to store backups on an SD card. So you can easily make multiple backups. Besides storing Bitcoin, this hardware wallet can also be used as a 2-factor authenticator.
- Windows 7 and higher
- macOS 10.11 and higher
Supplied as standard:
- micro SD card
- USB-C extension cable
- USB-A to C adaptor
- Rubber bands
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- BITCOIN ONLY: State of the art security designed by our experts with Swiss precision. Bitcoin-only means less code and a reduced attack surface
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS: Easy-to-follow instructions and purpose-built simplicity so even irst-time hardware wallet users can set up in just 5 minutes
- FREE COMPANION APP: The BitBoxApp and hardware wallet are the only things you need to buy, secure, and use Bitcoin with ease.
- EASY BACKUP: Included microSD card for instant backup and recovery so there’s no need to keep paper records of recovery words (unless you want to).
- OPEN-SOURCE: Completely open-source irmware and app, plus x-rays of the hardware to allow third party experts to review our code and product to ensure there are no mistakes.