Buy Passport – Founders Edition
Buy Passport – Founders Edition : The Passport is a distinctive hardware wallet in several ways. Resembling an old phone, the wallet has a screen and keyboard, a built-in camera and runs on batteries. This makes the wallet extremely suitable for daily use because of the ease of use it brings. With the Passport you can approve a transaction completely air gapped, so without being connected via Bluetooth, cable or NFC. This also makes the use super safe. Another plus to this wallet is that it looks and feels solid, where other hardware wallets often feel fragile and light. SD cards also allows you to easily back up the hardware wallet to secure access to your Bitcoin.
- Truly open source software: https://github.com/Foundation-Devices/passport-firmware
- Open source hardware: https://github.com/Foundation-Devices/passport-electronics
- Open source mechanical design: https://github.com/Foundation-Devices/passport-assembly
- Airgapped (microSD or camera)
- Secure chip: ATECC608A-MAHCZ-T (source)
Order Passport – Founders Edition
With the Passport, you can only store Bitcoin. It truly is a wallet for Bitcoin maximalist who want to pay with Bitcoin in everyday life. The Passport can be used with other wallet apps such as Electrum and BlueWallet.
- Passport Founders Edition
- Pocket Bitcoin whitepaper
- Completely open source
- Has secure element
- Easy setup and usage
- Compact size
- Large screen
- AAA batteries will always be around
- Usable with any device that has a webcam
- Delicate screen (scratches)
- Pretty dim screen brightness
- Kind of need special batteries
SUMMARY OF DEVICE
What’s the most robust product in the world? Why, a Nokia 3310, of course! Not only does Foundation’s Passport hardware wallet look like that vintage phone, it’s also just as reliable.
This wallet has been designed to be minimalistic and elegant, and offers a simple industrial design, which doesn’t require a manual to figure out. Important elements like the camera and the microSD slot have been marked with a copper band.
Let’s be honest, bitcoin is already complicated enough. So why should a wallet be complicated as well? Passport’s large screen and the clear menus offer a refreshingly simple user experience. Unlike other wallets, you don’t have to scroll for an eternity on a tiny screen, or to enter a complicated password with just two buttons.
Passport doesn’t have USB ports or wireless communication. In order to execute transactions, you scan a QR code. This makes it impossible for independent attackers to communicate with the device.
Batteries are included.